Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Thanks Ladies!


A big special thank you and a 1,000 hugs to the fabulous women who came out to support St. Louis Children's Hospital at the Needles for Newborns event. YOU ARE FABULOUS! I am truly touched by the time and care that was put in to the adorable hats, blankets, booties, mittens and gowns for the little peeps. Snaps to Nadines Gin Joint, Ferraro's Pizza, Carondolet Bakery, Soulard Coffee Garden and Johnny's for the generous donations of food that kept our tummies full and happy so we could stitch the night away. It was a pleasure to gather with all of you and I'm so excited to have made some new friends and catch up with old friends. Y'all are a hoot! If ya wanna see pics of all the sweet stuff that was made, click here.

Since Needles for Newborns was such a success we've decided to launch a sorta-monthly series of gatherings at Paste for charity called Crafting With Purpose and have Needles be the big annual event. The next event will be on December 13 from 10-8 and will benefit The Haven of Grace, a shelter and rehabilitation center for homeless pregnant women and their children. In addition to needle artists, we've decided to invite the scrappy/card making folks as well. When you're starting a new life, words of inspiration are important! I hope you will join us and bring your big hearts!

Lastly, a big gigantic thank you to my partner-in-crime, Katie of Paste in Soulard.

You are awesome (even if you can't tie your own knots)! Without you and your generous donations of space, time, organizational skills, supplies and snacks none of this would be possible! Thanks for letting me help! Love you bunches, ya big softie!

'Nuff of that mushy stuff, I gotta go start a Twitter fight with @Pastecrafts now.

2 comments:

Katie said...

I comment and it kicked out my comment! NO FAIR! Thanks for making the event so successful!

Nupur said...

Hi Holly!

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a lovely comment. I enjoyed Needles for Newborns so much and I'm looking forward to the next event. See you there!