Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Swamped City Studio

The last couple weeks have been crazy busy and the coming weeks are sure to be more of the same. My little sweatshop of one is a buzz with the hum of my sewing machine and a little sticky all over from projects requiring glue. I figure I'll get around to giving it a good scrubbing in about a month or two when things slow down a little.

Because things have been so busy as of late, my "diet" has consisted mostly of ice cream, cheese, coffee and popcorn all of which I'm fairly certain is not Weight Watcher approved. One of these days I'm going to eat like an adult for more than 3 days in a row. Last week I splattered myself all over the sidewalk in front of Mad Art Gallery leaving a planning meeting for Big Ass Indie Arts & Craft show (July 31-August 2). Injuries sustained include: one bruised ego, hurty joints and multiple soft-tissue injuries. Now a week later, I'm mostly better, but my right knee seems to be unconvinced that we're on the road to recovery and is currently screaming at the top of its lungs. To top it off, Bad Cat is not well. He's all lethargic and lovey, which can't be a good sign. The vet is coming tomorrow to take an arm & a leg (mine) and hopefully make my little fuzzy delinquent all better.

Now that the bitching is out of the way, on to the good stuff!

I got an acceptance letter from Autumn at Strange Folk yesterday. YAY! Mark your calendars for September 26th and 27th. Stay tuned for more details in the near future. I'll be participating in the upcycling program along with several other vendors at both Big Ass Indie and Strange Folk, be sure to check out our wish list - awesome excuse to unload some of the "junk" that's lying around the house and support the local artist community. I'm so excited to have an opportunity to participate in both Big Ass Indie and Strange Folk. The artists are fantastic and so much fun to work with and the organizers are top notch.

Time for me to shuttie and get craftin'. Can't wait to see you all!

No comments: