Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The Big A$$ Weekend


After a whirlwind of activity in the last week I'm glad to have a couple days of quiet-ish time in between activities. Last night was a marathon meeting for Girls Guide and we got a ton done. Tonight and tomorrow will be nice and mellow. I have a few things to do, but nothing as intense as last weekend. Getting ready for Big A$$ Indie damn near killed me. Of course I waited perhaps a bit too long to really get my butt in gear, so I had weeks worth of activity to cram in to a weekend. Oh well, its done, submitted, I was pleased with the results and I'm REALLY excited about the show this weekend. I hope y'all will come check it out this weekend at Mad Art.

The kid got back from Mexico today and she smells like heaven - sand, salt water and sun tan lotion. I'm glad she's back too - this mama doesn't like to go more than a few days without some kid love and it has been a full week. Since she's a teenager affection is rationed in such small amounts anyway, ya know?

Tomorrow afternoon I have the dreaded allergy testing where I will be poked, proded and injected with stuff that makes me itch like a mo fo. After I have a handful of Claritin washed down with some Benedryl I have big plans for the dog park. I'm going to sit on my kiester with Bobbi and watch our unofficial black dog club (Mackie, Zipper, Noodles and Bibi a.k.a. Debbie) romp and play. I might throw a fudgesicle on top of the whole thing if I'm feeling extra adventurous.

I'll need my energy for this big weekend. Friday night I'm working at Mad Art from 7 to 11. Saturday morning I'm up at the crack of dawn to work a booth for Paste at Soulard Farmer's Market. Sunday afternoon it's back over to Mad Art to pick up my stuff. Somewhere in there I'll hang with my kid and sleep some. Maybe eat.

Speaking of...I better get my arse to bed. Toodle-loo!

No comments: